5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2011 1:35 PM by rmnetops

EEPC v6.1 upgrade from 6.0.x: Logon Background image changed to the default one

Hello,

I've just checked in eepc 6.1 packages and extensions on my epo 4.5.4 HF1, these extensions replaced my old 6.0.2 extensions.

I've created a task to upgrade some clients and everything is working fine, the only strange thing is that now the preboot environment has the default mcafee theme instead of the old customized one, that is still correctly pushed to 6.0.x clients.

Folder C:\Program files\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption Agent\Repository\Themes on 6.1 agents is correctly having all my theme packages.

I just have a single product setting policy for all my organization and it's configured with the customized theme. 

I'm thinking that my custom theme is not compatible with 6.1 agents and maybe I have to recreate it again with the new 6.1 extensions (it's just a background image and no more). It that right? And what if I recreate it again? Will it be compatible with 6.0.x agents?

Thanks 

• 1. Re: EEPC v6.1 upgrade from 6.0.x: Logon Background image changed to the default one
          kink80

In the readme_en-us.html for EEPC 6.1 under the General Recommendations it speaks to this occurring. Hope this helps.

General recommendations

• If you are using customized themes with EEPC 6.0.x, then recreate your custom themes from the 6.1 default theme after upgrade. This will ensure that the 6.1 user interface is displayed. Failure to do so will continue to display the EEPC 6.0.x user interface.

• If you are using Policy Assignment Rules to assign specific Endpoint Encryption User-Based Policies(UBP) to users, then refer to the McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC 6.1 Product Guide to learn how to configure these users to continue to use Policy Assignment Rules in 6.1. This must be done prior to deploying the EE Agent/PC to the clients, failing to configure users correctly will result in users returning to use the default User-Based Policy.
          • If you are using the autoboot in EEPC 5.x.x, then please be advised that in EEPC 6.x, at least one EEPC user must be assigned to each client system for the client to be upgraded to 6.1 successfully.
          • After upgrading from 6.0.x to 6.1, please run the EE LDAP Synchronization task before deploying the EE Agent/PC to the clients. EEPC 6.1 requires additional data to be requested from the LDAP server for users that have been configured for User Based Policy enforcement.
          • 2. Re: EEPC v6.1 upgrade from 6.0.x: Logon Background image changed to the default one

Thanks, I did it, created a new theme based on the default mcafee one and updated the default policy with the new theme. The theme package has been downloaded succesfully to all clients in folder C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption Agent\Repository\Themes, but it has been applied correctly only by 2 6.1 clients over the 5 that we have in total...

I've made many wake up agent, but mcafee background is still there on those 3 clients, endpoint encryption status says correctly "policy enforcement complete" ....

• 3. Re: EEPC v6.1 upgrade from 6.0.x: Logon Background image changed to the default one

We have the same issue. We upgraded to 6.1.1, rebuilt our custom theme, still won't download it to machines.

Message was edited by: rmnetops on 8/31/11 11:53:50 AM CDT
              • 4. Re: EEPC v6.1 upgrade from 6.0.x: Logon Background image changed to the default one
                whgibbo

Hi,

Depending on when the product update for the theme package reaches the client, it could take upto 2 ASCIs.  If you let the EEPC finish it's policy enforcement, then perform another wake up agent and then wait for the policy enforcement to complete..  Does that resolve the issue ?

Thanks

• 5. Re: EEPC v6.1 upgrade from 6.0.x: Logon Background image changed to the default one

It does not. We have given up and just started using the default McAfee preboot theme