1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 27, 2011 5:52 AM by Attila Polinger

E-policy exclusions.

Hello,

I have a question about exclusions.  I am quite new to setting the exclusions through EPO.

Current infrastructure:

We are using EPO 4.5 / Agent on all systems with VS 8.7

What I am trying to figure out is how to implement the exclusions from a guide for servers that run sharepoint services. In the guide there are 2 different types of exclusions (1 - where the exclusions are file system) i.e c:\program files\win32\*.* and (2 - Registry settings) i.e HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NtFrs\Parameters\Working Directory       FRS Working Dir\jet\sys\edb.chk.

I understand the file system and have no issues, but I don't understand the registry component. Do I add the registry setting in the exclusion? Or as in the example above, do I use the bolded section?

Thanks,

• 1. Re: E-policy exclusions.
          Attila Polinger

Hi,

the registry component only means that the full path of exclusion becomes known after installation has completed and you can extract the value to exclude from that registry key.

I would say, excluding edb.chk is sufficient (instead of the full path in bold).

I also advise to check out KB for VirusScan exclusion master article, great stuff and helps you a lot in understanding and using exclusion/techniques correctly.

Attila