1 of 1 people found this helpful
Alok, you can install same McAfee product on different brand or different configured laptop or computer. McAfee will perfectly work with Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher
- Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- 1 GHz processor or higher
- 800 × 600 or higher resolution
- 256 MB RAM or higher for Windows XP (512 MB recommended)
- 512 MB RAM for Vista/Windows 7 (2GB recommended)
- 200 MB of available free drive space
- Internet connection
Thaks Jayadeep. The reply is indeed very helpful.
Would also request your technical expertise on one more thing.
I am an existing user of Mcafee Security center. My subscription on Dell (with one license) is about to expire in two months. With input given by you, I will go ahead and renew my subscription with two licences for Dell & Sony.
The Sony Laptop is in a different city. Can you pls share the link wherein the Mcafee Security center installation file can be downloaded, so that once it is downloaded & Installed, I can get it registered too.
Alok, you have only one license. So you need to purchase one more license and login to McAfee account by click on the below link.
Follow the knowledge base http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100119 how to download and install McAfee on your computer. Once you installed McAfee from account, it will automatically actvated on your Sony laptop.