2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2011 3:33 PM by Peacekeeper

McAfee Security Center crashes once per 1-2 days

Hi,

I'm using McAfee Internet Security software on 3 PCs and noticed that McAfee Security Center application starts to crash every 1-2 days. This began within the past few months. Everytime I see a Windows Error message which displayes the following information (sorry, it is in Russian):

Имя события проблемы:     APPCRASH

Имя приложения:     mcagent.exe

Версия приложения:     10.5.216.0

Отметка времени приложения:     4ca4bee7

Имя модуля с ошибкой:     mcupdshm.dll

Версия модуля с ошибкой:     10.5.177.0

Отметка времени модуля с ошибкой:     4bccca4a

Код исключения:     c0000005

Смещение исключения:     00006e59

Версия ОС:     6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.2

Код языка:     1049

Дополнительные сведения 1:     0a9e

Дополнительные сведения 2:     0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Дополнительные сведения 3:     0a9e

Дополнительные сведения 4:     0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

My OS is Windows 7 Home Basic x32  (RUS).

My another question is about software versions. It seems I'm using 2010 version but is version 2011 of the software ready? What can I do to update my version 2010 to version 2011, should I uninstall my existing version completely and download the new one? Or will the version 2010 automatically updated to 2011?

• 1. Re: McAfee Security Center crashes once per 1-2 days
          k3tg

Not sure what country you are located in, but if your error message is in Russian that is a good indication you may be located there with respect to the language of your operating system.

Is this happening on all 3 of your pc or just the one that you have mentioned Windows 7 Home basic x32?

You can certainly try to uninstall via Add/Remove programs and reboot. Go to Useful Links at the top of this page and run the MCPR removal tool and reboot again. Then login to your online McAfee account and download your software to see if this resolves your issue. If you continue to have issues you may want to contact Technical Support Chat under the Technical Support link.

I believe the 2011 version of the software is available now but you need to download this from the Australian website. It will be available in the USA maybe by the end of April although I am uncertain as to exactly when.

If you want to get 2011 now you should do the uninstall reinstall. If you wait you will be automatically updated as they throttle the release so as not not cause issues with the servers.

• 2. Re: McAfee Security Center crashes once per 1-2 days
            Peacekeeper

2011 not out in Russian yet. Only english via Aussie and indian servers for new installs

Application Name: mcagent.exe

Application Version: 10.5.216.0

Application Timestamp: 4ca4bee7

The name of the module with the error: mcupdshm.dll

Version of the module with the error: 10.5.177.0

OK maybe running the Mcafee Virtual Technician will help. It is available via the Tech Services tab in useful links tab above.

Also chat to the  chat tech via the same page Unfortunately no russian chat