2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2011 7:02 AM by risingflight

is there any microsoft patch for Win32.Fujacks.remnants

risingflight

Hello

my server and two client pcs are infected by this  Win32.Fujacks.remnants.

McAfee detects and deletes but still again daily this  Win32.Fujacks.remnants pops up always.

Is there any microsoft patch or any Win32.Fujacks.remnants removal tool.

SDFix and combofix will solve it but since its a server i cannot run these tools.is there any mcafee removal tool or any other removal tool

please guide me. I belive this will infect my entire network soon.

• 1. Re: is there any microsoft patch for Win32.Fujacks.remnants
          Hayton

This has been around for a while, and McAfee has been able to deal with it for several years. See http://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/malware/default.aspx?id=141204

One thing I note is that this Trojan creates an autorun.inf file and also has a rootkit component. Microsoft has enabled the suppression of autoruns in most operating systems - the latest patches for XP came out in February, Windows7 and Vista were already covered.

There is no specific removal tool as far as I know. If you have a rootkit infection then you will need experrt guidance to get rid of it.

Basic questions -

What operating system(s) are you running?

What McAfee protection do you have?

Do you have all the latest McAfee and Microsoft updates?

• 2. Re: is there any microsoft patch for Win32.Fujacks.remnants
            risingflight

Hello can you please tell me which is the microsoft patch for this, i want to deploy it through system manager server 2003  to all my client pcs

becoz my network  is not connected to internet. what is happening is mcafee is deleting it but again daily the popup comes and users say mcafee is not able to clean it.please guide me or is there any removal tool from other antivirus companies to remove this.