1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 21, 2011 12:48 PM by SafeBoot

Definitions of Clear SSO Details and Reset Token

rsterling

Hello everyone - We recently had our professional services for our product installation.  This was a couple weeks ago and we are well underway into deployment.

I have two questions:

1) Can I get a definition of Clear SSO Details and when it is supposed to be used, its effect, etc.?

2) Can i get a definition of Reset Token and when it is supposed to be used, it's effect, etc.?

Typically when we receive user related errors that appear to be in need of a pasword reset/clear, I just run both of these for the given user.  Everything seems to work as I need but I really could not find any documentation on resetting password and user related issues.

EEPC 6.1

Thanks in advance,

Rich

• 1. Re: Definitions of Clear SSO Details and Reset Token

1. it clears the stored Windows credentials associated with an EEPC user. Use it when you want EEPC to pick up new creds for them.

2. resets a token back to its default state - clearing incorrect login counts, password history etc. Has to be supported by hard tokens though - some simply don't support this feature. You use it when the user has forgotten their password, but not yet disabled their token (then you use recreate token).