3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2011 1:49 PM by Dinz

total protection wont install after rogue av

I have a computer which had a rogue AV that targetted mcafee total protection to stop it working. The rogue AV has been removed with malware bytes. I used the mcafee removal tool and when trying to reinstall mcafee it downloads goes through the install prcoess but then says at the end Installaion Stopped. There was a problem installing the product.

I have scanned the computer using combofix, spybot, kaspersky, nod32 and stinger and nothing has been detected. What else can be done?

• 1. Re: total protection wont install after rogue av
          Dinz

Hi mit74,

If you are sure that the malware infections are been removed completely , please provide us with some of the below information regarding :

What is the operating system of the PC?

How is the internet connected ? dsl/wireless/cable?

Do you have any other security software installed ?

Also , please provide us with a screen shot of the error message ?

Regards,

• 2. Re: total protection wont install after rogue av

Computer is Windows XP 1.5GB RAM HP t750. Connected to ADSL through LAN. No security software installed, have used MCPR and manually deleted files in reg manually and in local folders and used ccleaner. Tried in safe mode and same result. Have tried remote assistance and they said they couldn't help.

Product is TP 2011 and I have since tried with McAfee IS 2010 from CD with no joy so it's not product/internet  related. It gets to the installing screen where you see the list of Antivirus/Firewall etc installing. Red crosses appear on all the list and the message says 'McAfee not installed'.  Please down virtual assisant etc.

Using what's running software  there's nothing running that shouldn't be. Like I say I've scanned with about 6 different AV/Malware and nothing detected.

• 3. Re: total protection wont install after rogue av
              Dinz

Please click on Useful links at the top of this page and click on technical support >> and get connected to our chat support so as they would remote into your PC and diagnose the issue for you.

Regards,