5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2011 8:51 AM by ahmad.hasan

how to make combination between groups.

Hello..

i have a webgateway 7.1

my issue is regarding groups combinations..

i dont know how can i apply the least restrictive policy.. the allowed one..

i mean.. if some user is in multiple groups such as ( facebook, news and messenger groups) and i need to make a rule ( facebook to apply the facebook only and another one messenger to allow the messengers only and so on..

i need the appliance to make a combination between these groups and apply the allowed from each.

i don't need to make a lot of policies for all probabilities i have..

this is critical and i need a solution, please.

i will wait your professional suggestions.

regards.

• 1. Re: how to make combination between groups.
          jont717

If you are only doing your allow policies by groups, then in this sample you will need to create three rules for each group like this.

If user is in group facebook, then allow to facebook.com (Rule 1)

If user is in group news, then allow to url categories = news (Rule 2)

If user is in group messengers, then allow to url categories = messengers. (Rule 3)

• 2. Re: how to make combination between groups.

Hello Jont717,

thanks for the response.

i don't think this will solve my issue, because

i have about 28 groups and the final one will be the (domain users) group which contains all users.

so if a user is in three or four groups and the final one is the domain users group,, the MWG will apply the final policy which blocks all allowed policies above.

my customer had (WebSense) before and this product can do a combination between policies and apply the least restrictive policy which is the allowed one.

i searched in MWG to do the same but i didn't find anything regarding this purpose.

i need the best solution and the easiest way for management.

regards.

• 3. Re: how to make combination between groups.

Dear Jont717,

as you know in MWG 7 there is block action only,, i mean you can do a policy

If user is in group facebook, then block any url does not match to facebook.com (Rule 1)

If user is in group news, then block any url does not contain at least one in url categories = news (Rule 2)

the final one for domain users will block any url.

the first 2 rules will block every thing.

• 4. Re: how to make combination between groups.
                jont717

You will want to use the action "Stop Rule Set" before it gets to the Block All for all domain users.  Stop Rule Set will stop it from continuing on if it matches that rule.

Here is a screen shot that will help you.  Notice how I filter by UserName.

1.png

• 5. Re: how to make combination between groups.

Many thanks Jont717,,

it's working well..