1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 19, 2011 4:10 AM by Sailendra Pamidi

ePO454: Cannot deployed agent on systems detected in system tree

Dear All

#1. I have just finished an ePO 454 installation and suceed in syschronized it with an Active Directory server. After the syncronization, I found the system is well detected, and its hostname is shown in system three. But when I tried to deploy the agent, server log will show failure and ping to the system will return cannot determine host IP. Could anyone advice the possible problem?

note: (1) Ping using the same host name in commandline return good 100% response.

(2) Windows explorer show the respected host shown in network neighbourhood.

#2. In other case the ping to specific IP and agent deployement is become available after about 30 minutes of waiting (not in the same case as above)

What is the possible problem of this second scenario?

Sincerely

• 1. Re: ePO454: Cannot deployed agent on systems detected in system tree
          Sailendra Pamidi

Please check the server.log for the error code when the push failed. This will provide a clue as to why the push failed.

For the push to succeed, make sure that these machines have the File and Print Sharing enabled and you can open the admin$ share. For the Agent installation itself to succeed, you would additionally need the Remote Registry service to be enabled on the target machine(s).

The ping in ePO uses a different Java API and connect to TCP Port 7 - so it's not the same as the regular ICMP echo request which is used at the OS level.

refer to KB69212 for more details.

1 of 1 people found this helpful