1 of 1 people found this helpful
Windows Defender is okay. No problems with McAfee. I have it installed, and McAfee doesn't object.
Only use one firewall. Switch off the Windows firewall.
The McAfee disk defragmenter is the same as the Windows defragmenter.
"Tuneup Utilities" has a registry editor which you should probably not use too much; no registry editor is 100% safe, and any performance gains are going to be minimal. Not since the days of Windows 98 has stripping out items from the registry delivered a noticeable performance improvement. Microsoft themselves say it's not necessary and not advisable. As for the rest of the functions (I ran through them quickly) - sure, use with caution.
Scanning and defragging probably won't wreck your disk unless you're doing it for 10 hours a day.
Hope that helps. Have fun with Vista SP2. Make sure you've got all the latest security updates from Microsoft and McAfee.
Mcafee defragmenter is windows defrag. Just an easy link tio it
Thank you for the answer. about registry problems, how the registry functions that exist at McAfee quick clean? on quickclean there are many choices, such as Recycle Bin, Temporary Files and etc, and choice for the registry, whether the registry should I mark? what registry functions that exist in McAfee quick clean?
That’s a good question ,people need to know what additionall function there security programs offer them. Please to informed that McAfee QuickClean allows you several options for clearing temporary, secure, or obsolete information from your computer. It also contains computer management tools that can improve the speed and performance of your computer
McAfee QuickClean has several cleaning tools available:
- Recycle Bin Cleaner - Deletes items in your Recycle Bin.
- Temporary Files Cleaner - Deletes all files in your temporary directory.
- Registry Cleaner - Deletes registry keys no longer associated with a program.
- Cache Cleaner - Deletes your web browser cache.
- Cookie Cleaner - Deletes saved cookies.
- Browser History Cleaner - Clears the list of web sites you have recently visited.
- Outlook Express E-mail Cleaner (sent items) - Deletes the contents of the Outlook Express Sent Items folder.
- Outlook Express E-mail Cleaner (deleted items) - Deletes the contents of the Outlook Express Deleted Items folder.
- Outlook E-mail Cleaner (sent items) - Deletes the contents of the Outlook Sent Items folder.
- Outlook E-mail Cleaner (deleted items) - Deletes the contents of the Outlook Deleted Items folder.
- ActiveX Cleaner - Deletes downloaded ActiveX installers.
- System Restore Point Cleaner - Clears old system restore points.
Hope you get an idea about this excellent feature !!!! Please get back to me if any other questions on McAfee product,
A few days ago I replace my hard drive with new hard drive, then I do reinstall windows vista home premium 32 with service pack 2. after that I installed McAfee 2011 total protection and some other programs. then I checked in my control panel, visible windows defender and windows firewall in the off position. after that I turn on windows defender and do a scan, the scan results look ok and no problems. whether I should still let windows denfender on or should I turn it off? what about windows firewall? whether it 's better if I use a windows firewall and McAfee firewall together?
Some other questions,
- I have tuneup utilities 2011, good or not if I use along with McAfee Total Protection?
- for hard disk defragmenter, should I use the defragmenter from McAfee or from Windows itself?
- i s it true if often realtime scanning and defrag the hard drive will make the hard drive can easily be damaged?
Sorry if my english is not good and also asked many questions
TuneUp Utilities 2011 is very good, in my opinion, better than McAfee's Quick Clean, which I do not use.
TuneUp Utilities 2011 has a Disk Defragmenter which defragments about once a week and does so in the Background.
McAfee Disk Defragmenter, actually uses Windows' Defragmenter.
I, myself, use TuneUp Utilities 2011 in Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit with Service Pack 1installed. If you make a mistake in TuneUp, you can go back and undo the mistake. You can't with Quick Clean. There is no Rescue Center to undo anything.
Oh, turn off Background Virus Scanning when you Defragment the Hard Drive. It slows down the process.