2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2011 1:05 PM by it-life

New Home Page

We've been through several iterations of this home page design...lots of changes made as a result of community posts and some phone discussions.

If, in reviewing any of this, you would prefer to talk by phone, let me know. Thanks.

• 1. Re: New Home Page

I don't see a point in having first half of the page taken over by the big buttons. I would like to have latest product or KB release information in the first half and open tickets in the second half. I hope this also bring the much needed changes to product download area. Can I now create username and password for different users and restrict access to different areas of the site? Can we customize the dashboard? For example I may want to have open tickets in the front. I would like a tree like menu for product downloads page or something similar. For example,

McAfee EPA

|- VirusScan

|- VirusScan Enterprise 8.8

|- VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Patch X

|- Documentation

|- VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Install Guide

|- VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Product Guide

|- VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Best Practices

|- VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Release Notes

|- Host Data Loss Prevention

|- Host Data Loss Prevention 9.1

|- Host Data Loss Prevention 9.1 Patch x

|- Documentation

|- Host Data Loss Prevention 9.1 Install Guide

|- Host Data Loss Prevention 9.1 Product Guide

|- Host Data Loss Prevention 9.1 Reference Guide

|- Host Data Loss Prevention 9.1 Release Notes

This can also be in an auto folding tables like the community front page where blog entries can be expanded.

I strongly believe that  documentation and relevant KBs should be accessible from within the product page. Is there a place we can access the demo site? or could you upload a video?

Below is something that I'm comfortable with:

McAfee Site.png

Users can re-arrange these section based on their priority. please note this don't remove knowledge section or open ticket section. I think it would be better to have all information regarding a particular product in one page.

ePO is a good place to start for design inspirations :-) It would be an achievment if ePO's interface can be used for this site.

regards,

1ndian

Message was edited by: easy1ndian on 25/4/11 1:55:42 PM GST

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE remove the agreement page (I agree / I Disagree) for each and every download and document access.

Message was edited by: easy1ndian on 26/4/11 9:34:15 PM GST
          • 2. Re: New Home Page

What does it look like after we login?