2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2011 1:01 PM by it-life

Create SR

The attached 4 files show the SR creation process. Note:

1. Step 1 asks how you would like to contact Support: the choices are to post the SR online or chat with an agent. The chat windows opens after Step 4.
      2. Step 2 contains optional Run MVT and read KB articles related to you product and brief description.
      3. Step 3 contains all the detail needed to create an SR.
      4. Step 4 contains optional diagnostic information and other attachments.

Questions I have:

1. In all steps, what do you expect the links at the bottom to do (to the right of the "Continue" button)?
      2. In Step 3, is it clear what "Save Product Profile" will do?
      3. Is the process clear?
      4. Is anything missing?
        • 1. Re: Create SR
          brentil

Answers I have:

1. In all steps, what do you expect the links at the bottom to do (to the right of the "Continue" button)?
            1. Reset Form - Clear the data I've entered and reset fields to their defaults
            2. Cancel - End the entry of a new request and take me back to My Requests
            3. This Solved My Problem - Pretty much the same as Cancel but probably do some stuff on the backside to let McAfee know
            4. Start Over - Bring me back to step 1
            5. Skip this step and Finish - I'm not too sure since the button next to it is Finish
          2. In Step 3, is it clear what "Save Product Profile" will do?
            1. My assumption is that it would take and save the values I've put in for this application chosen from the "Select Product Profile" so that in the future when I pick that product again it has those values.
          3. Is the process clear?
            1. Everything looks fairly clear to me in terms of logic flow and information.
          4. Is anything missing?
            1. A warning someplace on how long you can be on each page until it times out.  I can't tell you how many requests I've started and moved away from the page for whatever reason and come back to find everything gone...
          • 2. Re: Create SR

y 2 Cents:

Q 1.

Reset Form.....Clear the entered data from this page/form resetting to defaults.

Cancel.....Just that, cancel the entry process.

Start Over.....Clear all data entered in all previous steps and resetting everything back to defaults while bringing me back to step 1.

Skip this step and Finish.....Skip this step 4 and submit the SR.

Q 2.

It's function is implied at best, I assume the following.

Save changes to a recalled profile or create a new profile if one was not selected an modified.

Q 3.

Yes, the process is clear.

No, not all fields are applicable to a SR, i.e. EPO has no scan engine, has this been addressed regarding the required fields drop down list?

Q 4.

I'd agree with brentil, a countdown timer on each page of the process to let us know how long until it times out.  It is very frustrating to startup the SR creation just to have an interruption, return, and find the SR creation page has timed out.

Is this a site issue?  Can we have a user configurable time out setting?

on 4/25/11 11:01:06 AM PDT