1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2011 3:10 PM by Peter M

How to get rid of "Win 7 Total Security 2011" ???

As the title says, I have a computer infected with "Win 7 Total Security 2011".  In searching the web I find it to be well known and quite invasive.  It's won't let me browse to the internet or do much of anything - it intercepts and wants me to register the "poduct".  My computer is Win7/32 bit.

Rather surprized my up-to-date McAfee did not prevent this.  Did a full scan - McAfee does not detect - check to see my McAfee is up-to-date, it is.

suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help!

• 1. Re: How to get rid of "Win 7 Total Security 2011" ???
          Peter M

None of the majhor anitvirus applications will have much effect against these fake anti-malware applications.

If you have the time and patience you could try a special tool that McAfee has developed caleed 'GetSusp'.

You have to go to the GetSusp Group to get the latest version and apparently they are now having a lot of success especially with all these new and prolific fake anti-malware threats.

GetSusp

Membership is not required.  You can also find support for it in that group and provide feedback.  The actual download is available HERE.

alternatively:

There is an excellent removal guide here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-internet-security-201 1

Scroll down that page as the first links you will see there are all advertising links.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/04/11 4:10:36 EDT PM