I know lots of people are eager for v6.1, so I want to put some important notes out here. First, EEPC 6.1 is a fantastic release and everyone on v6.0.x should upgrade to it immediately. The story for v5.x users is a bit more complicated, at least for now.
- The minimum supported ePO version is 4.5 patch 4 hotfix 1. This hotfix just became available, so almost none of you will have it already installed. As such, plan on that ePO hotfix install as part of the EEPC 6.1 upgrade.
- ePO 4.6 is also supported. This is very simple for new installs, but the upgrade from ePO 4.5 to 4.6 will be halted if you do not first install the EEPC 6.1 extensions. So be sure you do that before attempting to upgrade ePO to 4.6.
- EEPC v.5 customers can upgrade to this version of 6.1. However, end users passwords will not be preserved. Thus, as part of the upgrade, end users will have to reset their passwords.
- We realize this creates a barier to upgrading, so we have built a fix that allows end user passwords to be retained through the upgrade process. This fix will be released as a hotfix, so stay tuned for that announcement.
- If you are in "autoboot" mode, then this barrier has no impact on you since your users do not have pre-boot credentials. Thus, EEPC v5 customers in autoboot mode can upgrade to v6.1 with no user impact.
Is EEMac require additional License?
Is anyone kindly share experiance on upgrading version 5.x to 6?