1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 30, 2012 1:39 PM by ron.sokol

Does gateway.siteadvisor.com serve any purpose beyond the interlock check?

ron.sokol

We need to block the site at the Webwasher devices to enable the interlock in SAE General policy Action Enforcement.  Does gateway.siteadvisor.com serve any purpose beyond the interlock check?  I suspect it does due to this  We want to enable the interlock without disabling the advisory features of SiteAdvisor to work when nodes are on our network.

(I am aware of a related issue with this functionality as well: McAfee kb71591)

• 1. Re: Does gateway.siteadvisor.com serve any purpose beyond the interlock check?
          ron.sokol

The answer is that it does server the purpose of getting all SiteAdvisor content.  The thought process here is that if you're inside the corporate network, and using the interlock, presumably you'd be behind McAfee Web Gateways anyway, and the protection would be largely redundant.

The only gripes I have with this approach is that you have to a) block siteadvisor.com with your corporate firewall from inside and b) the users lose the heads-up SiteAdvisor site safety recommendations.  On the plus side, the performance is improved.