9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2011 12:21 AM by gerke

Site Advisor Enterprise Plus

Does anyone know if there are any updates beyond 3.0.0.561 (or Patch 2) which deal with issues surrounding IE 9 and Firefox 4 which "offer" to disable SA if it takes too long to open the browser?

Also any news on SA being compatible with Chrome - I am using Site Advisor "Non Enterprise" Ver 3.3.1.129 on Chrome so why is the free version working and yet the "paid for" version doesn't work with Chrome.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Site Advisor Enterprise Plus
          exbrit

Moved to Other McAfee Corporate Products from Consumer Products for better attention.

• 2. Re: Site Advisor Enterprise Plus

I'll reach out to someone on our SiteAdvisor team who can hopefully respond to these questions.

• 3. Re: Site Advisor Enterprise Plus

McAfee Engineering will be releasing Patch 3 for SAE 3.0 in May.

We are also in development of SAE 3.5, due to release later in Q4 - this will have support for Google Chrome as well.

Regards,

Ben Andrew

Sr. Product Manager

SiteAdvisor Enterprise

• 4. Re: Site Advisor Enterprise Plus

Is there any news about de patch?

My boss is really annoyed about SAE+ still not working in FF4. Why is this taking that long, it is already over 6 months now that SAE+ is not working anymore because the Firefox team blocked it.

I need the patch urgent!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5. Re: Site Advisor Enterprise Plus

Hi Gerke,

Thank you for your patience. The SiteAdvisor Enterprise team released Patch 3 today - which provides support for IE 9. Development to support FF4 is underway and is scheduled to be released to support at the end of June.

More details on Patch 3:

This release includes Hotfix HF623593, HF555832 and HF545914 along with below mentioned defect fixes:

• 623012 : IE8 browser crash with SAE and single sign on authentication software
                  • 627050 : New elist.dat content is not read until service restart
                  • 634553 : Intermittent browser crash with SAE installed
                  • Improvements in safe search functionality
                  • IE 9 browser support

Thank you,

Ben Andrew

Sr. Product Manager

• 6. Re: Site Advisor Enterprise Plus

Hi Ben,

We have blocked traffic with Internet Explorer, that is why we use FireFox. Now you tell me that we have to wait until the end of June? Why is this taking that long, you know that FF4 is blocking SAE+ since more than half a year, why develop first for IE9, the most buggy browser there is and wait with FF4? My boss is asking me to look for an alternative (that is something I don't want, we had Bluecoat with Websense, and I've been going through hell to persuade him into SAE+ in stead of gateway filtering).

I am really dissapointed now.

Is there a beta version which I can test?

Message was edited by: gerke on 5/17/11 1:13:41 AM CDT
                    • 7. Re: Site Advisor Enterprise Plus
                      olimbizkit

Since October 2010 we expect the new patch SAE, McAfee said it would be available by the end of April, and we are in May, and I saw with disappointment that already announced by the end of June ... perhaps money has no value. why the free version if you can use with FF4 and IE9? and the paid version does not

• 8. Re: Site Advisor Enterprise Plus
                        mmoore3

SAE 3.0 patch 3 supports IE 9. This is currently available.

Firefox has made major changes from 3.6 to 4 and from 4 to 5.

SAE 3.5 will support Firefox 4. This is targeting mid October for English release and December for localized versions.

SAE 3.5 patch 1 will support Firefox 5 and higher. Patch 1 is targeting ealry next year for release.

• 9. Re: Site Advisor Enterprise Plus

So short version:

We have bought something which is unusable for us, since we don't use IE.

I have to block all FF updates and let users still use FF3.5 with all bugs and securityleaks in it?

This really sucks and this isn't acceptable for us.

This really is a point for me to kick out McAfee and look for an alternative.