2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2011 4:26 PM by ConorD62

Dell Inspirion Crashed

I recently installed 2011 Internet Security onto my laptop and my son's Dell Inspirion 1525 did an automatic renewal because we were both using same program.  The next afternoon he tried to turn on his laptop and it will not start.  It keeps setting there with a black screen and will not do anything.  At one point there was a message that said there was an "Operating system missing".  He did not get onto the Internet until I renewed the program from 2010 to 2011 version.  He was on the Internet all evening without problems and then the next afternoon the computer has crashed and will not turn on.  I need your help because I don't know what to do and he needs his computer for school.

• 1. Re: Dell Inspirion Crashed
          exbrit

Can you boot into "Safe Mode" by tapping F8 repeatedly while booting up?   If so try to initiate System Restore to a point prior to this happening.  As I don't know what operating system and service pack is installed I can only guess you'll find it under Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools.

• 2. Re: Dell Inspirion Crashed
            ConorD62

Seems to be something with the OS,

You can ask someone on the Malwarebytes forums as they are Computer experts. (Most of them. )

You could always try booting into Safe mode by pressing F8, then try using CMD and put "sfc /scannow" without the quotations.

Then try a disk check.