1 of 1 people found this helpful
I recommend changing source site order, http first, ftp second. We do no use mirror tasks, but had more problems in updating accessing ftp site than http with regards to availability & speed.
Also: are you saying yours is an unmanaged (i.e not ePO managed) VirusScan installation (ie. standalone) ?
I was able to solve the issue by taking these steps:
- Stop all McAfee Virusscan tasks
- Attempt to move all files & folders out of mirror folder to backup folder, 1 file in use/locked unable to delete
- Quit all McAfee services from Windows Services MMC, McAfee Framework service once stopped release locked file so able to move to backup
- Restart all McAfee services and tasks
- Re-run Mirror task - completed successfully
- Purged backup folder (~450 MB, new mirror folder was ~325 MB so I reclaimed ~ 75 MB!)
I actually changed to the site order to FTP first since the DAT files seem to be available sooner via FTP and it solved the problem I was having last Feb
and this is a standalone VSE install.