4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2012 7:49 PM by mstairwood

Restart message

I'm getting a message once a day telling me to restart my pc for new updates.  If i don't restart it right away the message keeps coming back every 30 minutes. My computer is old and i do not want to restart it once a day. Is there a way to change this? 

• 1. Re: Restart message
          Dinz

Hi Lauren,

I have asked for certain system information on your other thread here : https://community.mcafee.com/message/183607#183607

we can carry forward here : so that you get quicker response from us.

Please let us know if this is happening on the same PC in which you have the scan issues, if not we could Lock this thread and continue on the above one.

Thanks.

• 2. Re: Restart message

I get this message several times a day...and usually right after I have just restarted. After searching this site and others for resolution, I'm convinced there is NONE. It's some defect in the McAfee program. I'm so OVER the problems we've had with the new McAfee system. I'll probably eat the annual renewal fee and use something else. McAfee, do you care? Neh.

• 3. Re: Restart message
              Dinz

Kindly follow the below steps and run the bat  file and let us know if you still have any issues with the restart prompt.

1. Click the link below to download TS100430.bat http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/TS100430.bat to your Desktop.
              2. Save the file to your desktop.
              3. Double-click TS100430.bat. For Windows Vista, right-click TS100430.bat and select Run As Administrator
              4. Restart your computer.

Regards,

• 4. Re: Restart message

Thanks, Dinz, but when I click that link to download I get this

>>

@ECHO OFF

REM REGISTRY EDITS FOR TS100430

SET ERRORLEVEL=0

:HKLM

REG QUERY "HKLM\Software\McAfee\Volatile"

IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO :END

REG DELETE "HKLM\Software\McAfee\Volatile" /f

ECHO Please restart the computer

PAUSE

:END

EXIT<<

Still having the same problem and about ready to give up and get rid of McAfee. Is there really a solution?