1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 4, 2011 3:48 AM by Peacekeeper

I have the Gomeo Redirect Google bug

Ex_brit, McAfee consultant, advised me to ask for this tool to try and get it of my computer?

Does anybody have experience with this?

Kind Regards,

Charlotte

From the Netherlands

created by Ex_Brit in Home User Assistance - View the full discussion

McAfee has a tool called GetSusp which is having success against many of these entities.  You can obtain it by joining this group and asking for it:

GetSusp

Membership is not required.  You can also find support for it in that group and provide feedback. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------

Apr 3, 2011 1:47 PM

Can McAfee help me with Gomeo malware please?

I have a license with McAfee securitycenter. But now I have the Google redirect bug called Gomeo. It is Malware, I read it is Stuxnet Worm 0-Day. Whenever I click on a link on the searchresults of Google I get a site called "Gomeo, eyes on the web" or any other advertisement or unwanted redirect.

When will McAfee have a solution for this?

I use internet explorer 8 and windows vista.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Charlotte

(No nothing of computers)

• 1. Re: I have the Gomeo Redirect Google bug
          Peacekeeper

Getsusp is fine it is Mcafee software of safe to use. I use it regularly. It works by looking at files and any it does not recognise it sends to Mcafee for testing. It is a good idea that you add your email info to the preferences so it can update u.

Also consider

Run the free Mcafee Stinger program from http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/ -

and

If you want a second opinion, or to be on the safe side, then you can do a scan with the free versions of these tools :

Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware

If you already have Malwarebytes installed, the virus could be protecting itself against it. In that case, in order to get Malwarebytes running you'll need to rename the executable. Open theC:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Antimalware folder, then rename the "mbam.exe" file and double-click directly on the file to open the program. After updating the program, run a full system scan usingMalwarebytes.

Make sure both programs are updated to the latest versions before running them and let them clean anything they find. If they quarantine a file or fail to remove a file try to get a copy of itand send it to Mcafee using the virus submission path described here :

Send the file to mcafee labs at http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx