7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2011 12:52 AM by JaiPrakash

No Internet Conncetion after a McAfee Virus Removal

Hello,

I recently discovered viruses on my Dell Inspiron, on two different occasions.  The first two viruses were taken care of, but my McAfee Security Scan Plus always stopped working after 75% of the work completed.  Within a couple of days, I found another virus, and got rid of it.  And again, the scan never completed.  This time, I realized that I lost a wireless internet connection.  All other computers at home are connected to the internet, and they are working as usual.

I tried all kinds of things recommended to restore my connection, with no success.  I tried system restore, but all the restore points before this problem were deleted.  (by viruses?)

When I first tried to fix this, my computer was connected to the network/router without internet connection.  Now I don't even see neighbors' wireless networks, let alone my own.  I don't know what I did wrong.

I even used my system backup disc, hoping to restore the factory setting, but the disc always stopped working and never did a single thing.

My OS is Windows 7.  I appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Akiko

Message was edited by: crystalchild on 4/3/11 2:10:33 AM CDT