2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2011 2:42 PM by rhamlin

WebReporter 5.1.1

I'm running MWG 7.0.2.4 and MWR 5.1.101.

I have gotten the MWG working exactly as I want, and have even gotten the configuration of the MWR correctly. I am able to pull reports, and view all the information (as intended). The question I have is:

I want to make an Advaned Report that will show detailed internet activity for each user in their respective department.

1. I aleady have the Users showing up in their departments correctly (I did this using an LDAP directory and custom filters).

2. I can generate and view any of the "precanned" advanced reports without any problems.

3. I created a NEW Query using the Web - Detailed Columns

4. I did not modify any of the default column properties

5. I shared the query for "everyone" and assigned all permissions

6. I created a new Advanced Report, selecting my new query, and my user filter.

7. When I run the report, it takes about 2 seconds to run, and complete.

8. The report is empty.

I noticed that on my new Advanced Report, the globe indicates that "This name cannot be translated". Does this have anything to do with the report being blank, and if so, how do I correct that (do I have to apply custom mapping? (I have not assigned any custom fields (data) in the logs). Also, in the new query I created, for testing and to keep it simple, I only added User Name, User Group, and URL. All of which I can see when I run one of the "default" reports (I can view the report showing the populated data). I have also verified that these columns are being poulated in my access.logs.

Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks for any assistance.

Message was edited by: rhamlin on 4/1/11 1:24:31 PM CDT

Message was edited by: rhamlin on 4/1/11 1:25:03 PM CDT

Message was edited by: rhamlin on 4/1/11 1:28:41 PM CDT

Message was edited by: rhamlin on 4/1/11 1:30:32 PM CDT
        • 1. Re: WebReporter 5.1.1
          sroering

rhamlin wrote:

I noticed that on my new Advanced Report, the globe indicates that "This name cannot be translated". Does this have anything to do with the report being blank, and if so, how do I correct that (do I have to apply custom mapping? (I have not assigned any custom fields (data) in the logs). Also, in the new query I created, for testing and to keep it simple, I only added User Name, User Group, and URL. All of which I can see when I run one of the "default" reports (I can view the report showing the populated data). I have also verified that these columns are being poulated in my access.logs.

Not sure where to go from here.

That's really interesting and hard to say what it could be.  If there isn't anything too sensitive in your data, would you mind posting your server.log and the empty report for me to examine?

• 2. Re: WebReporter 5.1.1

No problem. Let me gather the data and I'll post it in a few minutes.