3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2011 12:17 PM by ThomasN

ePO 4.6 Python scripting

Hi,

Is anyone trying out the new Python scripting API in ePO 4.6 yet? I have just started downloading all the required bits and will give it a try.

Things I would like to automate are;

- Custom Policy management (generate custom scanning policies and system tree folders for subsets of servers based on a request workflow)

- Policy reconciliation (monitor cloned copied of our standard policies for settings that have drifted)

- Endpoint sorting based on external asset inventory database (move new or decommed systems to correct folder)

Thanks,
      Matt

Message was edited by: ajacobs to include "ePO Web API" category on 5/18/11 2:17:13 PM CDT
        • 1. Re: ePO 4.6 Python scripting

I'm having trouble thinking of things that we could do with it. It would be interesting to integrate our in-house ticket client and inventory with data from the server, although I can't think of a user for that.

• 2. Re: ePO 4.6 Python scripting

Hi robpow and noah,

I've edited the original post to include the new category "ePO Web API". Categories will help us keep the ePO content more organized. Also content filtering options are now enabled.

• 3. Re: ePO 4.6 Python scripting
              ThomasN

I have not gotten there quite yet, but my plans are as follows:

-Keeping my "Active directory sites" structure in the System tre updated with the correct names and subnets according to what is in AD S&S

-Automatically create new folders below the new "sitefolder" in the system tree and assign the correct policies.

-Verifying client status vs our asset system and removing clients that are in "scap" , etc

-Setting custom properties on clients to business unit or Country to be able to report AV status by those properties.

-Maybe create an "AV status" page for the company where anyone can see the general status of the current AV situation. (allthough there might exist easier ways of doing that)

- Creating custom Outbreak alerts for  when a certain virus have infected x number of clients. (Have not found any other way of doing it in EPO so far so hope it is possible here)

I am sure there is more, but this is what i have thought of so far.

Thomas