6 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2013 3:08 PM by alexn

Uninstall MiniPort HIPS 8

casscoss

Are there instructions availabel as to how to perform the steps in KB 51676 but reflecting the HIPS 8 install.

The user guide references this article, but the files/folders have changed and do not reflect the instructions

• 1. Re: Uninstall MiniPort HIPS 8
          Kary Tankink

There are no instructions on how to perform this for Host IPS 8.0.  What particular need do you have to remove the NDIS drivers for HIPS 8.0?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Uninstall MiniPort HIPS 8
            casscoss

No particular need yet. Well one user had errors, but I have not yet investigated it.

I just wanted to try it, just to have that experience and also document against it...steps taken, observations and so on. That's all

• 3. Re: Uninstall MiniPort HIPS 8
              Kary Tankink

Host IPS 8.0 NDIS drivers are different that Host IPS 7.0, and at this time, we have not identified an issue where this is needed.  However, if this changes in the future, I'm sure that that KB article or a new KB article will be created as needed.

• 4. Re: Uninstall MiniPort HIPS 8

I also need help with HIPS 8 NDIS driver removal info. HIPS 8 was removed via add/remove porgrams as a part of troublshooting a NIC issue. When the NIC was unistalled and re-installed the NDIS Filter showed back up in the properties and was it was enabled. I disabled it and when the system was rebooted the NDIS filter reappeared and was enabled and was blocking (no internet access) so I disabled it again. Keep in mind HIPS has been removed. How do we completely remove the NDIS driver so we can properly reinstall HIPS again.

• 5. Re: Uninstall MiniPort HIPS 8
                  Kary Tankink
                  How do we completely remove the NDIS driver so we can properly reinstall HIPS again.

Please contact McAfee Support.  A removal tool can be provided upon review.

• 6. Re: Uninstall MiniPort HIPS 8
                    alexn
                    How do we completely remove the NDIS driver so we can properly reinstall HIPS again.

No need to contact McAfee now

You can easily remove NDIS system drivers and some of its I/O componenets from software Manager under system properties.

Just view Hidden duves and scroll the list for NDIS right click and click uninstall.

That all set.Restart is required.

on 5/29/13 3:08:26 PM CDT