1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2011 8:20 PM by Peter M

win 7 total security

have been having this problem for the last 5-6 hours - running mcafee internet security for home

I tried the scan.bat method with the latest .dat files as in https://community.mcafee.com/thread/34219?tstart=0 but it gives the error:

"mscan32.dll has failed its integrity check"

This is running in safe mode

I have downloaded the stinger program and the getsus and am trying to get them working

this is on windows 7 professional 64 bit,build 7601, SP1 - and home version of mcafee total protect.  The virus slipped right through the net, and I scan daily. The virus gives lots of false error messages and seems to be pretty new judging by my searches on the internet. but im still surprised how easily it got on the system

on 31/03/11 18:29:10 CDT

Message was edited by: mindone on 31/03/11 18:30:52 CDT
        • 1. Re: win 7 total security
          Peter M

The only way to run VirusScan in Safe Mode is to right-click a file, folder, or a drive in 'Computer' and select "Scan".   That would initiate a scan and all you would see is an active icon in the taskbar.  Hover over it for a progress report.

The method you describe only applies to the Enterprise versions I believe but am not too sure as they operate differently.

See this document regarding GetSusp, a tool that McAfee has put out to help in these instances, or look lower down for an independent scanner such as Malwarebytes free, which can be downloaded, updated and run all in 'Safe Mode with Networking'.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 31/03/11 9:20:23 EDT PM