Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
7605 Views 25 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2012 12:18 PM by tyomni RSS 1 2 3 Previous Next
twenden Champion 577 posts since
Sep 14, 2004
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 30, 2011 9:39 AM

EPO 4.6 - McAfee Labs Threat Advisory is reporting "No Information Available"

Just started testing the released version of ePO 4.6. Have noticed that on the main dashboard the monitor called "McAfee Labs Threat Advisory" is reporting "No Information Available". It does show that it is has updated. I have attached a image of what is shows. Are there any special ports that this uses?

We are using the eval license, does  that make a difference?

Message was edited by: twenden on 3/30/11 9:39:40 AM CDT
Attachments:

Microsoft Windows 2003 Standard SP2
EPO server 4.6.7 (build 278)
EPO server 4.6.7 (build 278) - test server
EPO Agent 4.8.0.1500 (Patch 2)
McAfee VirusScan 8.7i with Patch 5 about 8 systems
McAfee VirusScan 8.8i with Patch 2 & 3 -  2200 systems
  • igor77 Newcomer 11 posts since
    Mar 29, 2011

Same problem on my servers, i thought it was some trouble with our proxy, but all is fine in the EpoApSvr.log

• forbesit Newcomer 2 posts since
    Mar 31, 2011

Did Either of you find a solution to this? I have upgraded to 4.6 today and although I have Last Master repository pull was succesful but then "The latest McAfee Labs information was not successfully retrieved." at the bottom and the list of latest versions are blank as shown above.

I will log this with Mcafee support now but as they are not usually the quickest at answering these questions I thought I would ask on here first, I will post response from Mcafee when I receive it.

Thanks.

• igor77 Newcomer 11 posts since
    Mar 29, 2011

I didn't find any solution at the moment.

I will ask the mcafee support too.

• forbesit Newcomer 2 posts since
    Mar 31, 2011

I restarted my ePO server last night and the Threat advisory synchronisation is all working fine now, I do not have any of the above errors in my orion.log and there are none from before the restart either so I fear yours may be a different problem.

Hope you get this fixed I know how much of a pain ePO & Mcafee support can be.

• miro_xie Newcomer 7 posts since
    Mar 27, 2011

Hi

Hum...Can you open this site with https and port ?

"https:myavert.avertlabs.com:8801"

"http:update.nai.com"

If you have any firewall policy, you must check it in sure the epo server can access the two site, and may solve you problem .80% of this problem was cause by it.

And to "forbesit"

if you use proxy you must configuration it in epo.

Login in the epo server ,"comfiguration-->server setting-->proxy setting" and edit it with your proxy information.

Message was edited by: miro_xie on 4/6/11 1:35:51 AM CDT
1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points