Did Either of you find a solution to this? I have upgraded to 4.6 today and although I have Last Master repository pull was succesful but then "The latest McAfee Labs information was not successfully retrieved." at the bottom and the list of latest versions are blank as shown above.
I will log this with Mcafee support now but as they are not usually the quickest at answering these questions I thought I would ask on here first, I will post response from Mcafee when I receive it.
Just got of the phone with McAfee support. They referred me to an older knowledge article that refers to port 8801 possibly being blocked. Just checked my firewall log, on the server, and can see that it is opening TCP connections to the myavert.avertlabs.com domain (188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206). It is not our host based firewall. Did look in the orion.log file and can see that there is a error as shown below. We have set it to check every 10 minutes. Is this the same error other people are seeing in the orion.log file
Message was edited by: twenden on 3/31/11 2:19:13 PM CDT
I restarted my ePO server last night and the Threat advisory synchronisation is all working fine now, I do not have any of the above errors in my orion.log and there are none from before the restart either so I fear yours may be a different problem.
Hope you get this fixed I know how much of a pain ePO & Mcafee support can be.
Thanks for the update. Rebooting the server didn't resolve the issue for us. Yesterday, I made another call to McAfee support and was referred to a knowledge base article that referred to a similar issue with ePO 4.5. It wanted me to delete some a registry key under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator] called RawHTTPDownloadSocketsOnly. This key is not in our server's registry. I have emailed back my finding to McAfee and am waiting for a resolution.
McAfee Tech support suggested that I tried upgrading from ePO 4.0 to ePO 4.5 first. After upgrading to ePO 4.5, they want me to upgrade to ePO 4.6. did this morning, and noticed that the "McAfee Labs Threat Advisory" is now populated. This is now making me think that we should hold-off on ePO 4.6 and upgrade our production server to ePO 4.5. We can move to ePO 4.6 at a late date.
Hum...Can you open this site with https and port ?
If you have any firewall policy, you must check it in sure the epo server can access the two site, and may solve you problem .80% of this problem was cause by it.
And to "forbesit"
if you use proxy you must configuration it in epo.
Login in the epo server ,"comfiguration-->server setting-->proxy setting" and edit it with your proxy information.
Yes, checked the firewall and can see successfull tcp connections to the two IP addresses that resolve to myavert.avertlabs.com. McAfee tech support suggested that I perform an upgrade from ePO 4.0 to 4.5 and then to version 4.6. Did that yesterday morning, in my limited spare time, and found out that this resolved the issue. Due to me having lack of time to be a tester for ePO 4.6, I have decided that we will just upgrade our ePO 4.0 server to ePO 4.5 and then wait for the 1st or 2nd ePO 4.6 patch. Don't have too much extra time as we are also sys admins and will be virtualizing the whole data center in the next month.