Sounds like you haven't checked in the extensions properly.
Placing the product under ePolicy Orchestrator
You can use ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0, 4.5, or 4.6 to manage the VirusScan Enterprise 8.8
software. To include VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 in the list of products managed by ePolicy
Orchestrator, you must install the following VirusScan Enterprise extension .zip files (XXX is the
build number of the VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 software.):
• VIRUSCAN8800(XXX).zip — Contains the files, components, and information necessary
to manage VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 with ePolicy Orchestrator. This extension can co-exist
with extensions that manage earlier versions of VirusScan Enterprise.
• VIRUSCANREPORTS120(XXX).zip — Contains the queries and reporting functionality
VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 uses with ePolicy Orchestrator. This replaces any existing VirusScan
Enterprise reports and includes queries and reports for earlier versions of VirusScan Enterprise.
Installing VirusScan Enterprise
Placing the product under ePolicy Orchestrator management
20 McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 software Installation Guide
• epo45_help_vse_880.zip — Contains the Help files used to describe the VirusScan
Enterprise 8.8 features and user interface for ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5 and 4.6.
NOTE: This file does not provide ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 Help files.
Before you begin
You must have the appropriate permissions to perform this task.
For option definitions, click ? in the interface.
1 From your version of ePolicy Orchestrator, open the Install Extension dialog box:
• ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5 or 4.6 — Click Menu | Software | Extensions | Install
• ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 — Click Configuration | Extensions, then click Install
2 Browse to where you saved the VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 installation files (described in
Preparation for installing the software) and select the extension file
3 Click OK. If prompts to verify the installation version number, click OK.
4 After the extension installation is complete, confirm that the VirusScan Enterprise 8.8
extension appears in the Extensions list of ePolicy Orchestrator.
5 Repeat steps 2-4 to install these extension files:
• VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 queries and reporting — Select
• VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Help files — Select epo45_help_vse_880.zip.
You may also need to use the ePOPolicyMigration.exe tool to migrate your policies. All explained in the document above.
Thank you, that was exactly what I was missing. I haven't managed ePO for a couple years and 3.6 was a bit different than 4.5.