2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2011 9:47 AM by dsslaw

Can't Download, blocked by IE 8

Hi McAfee Communities,

I'm  desperate.  I have 2  McAfee programs waiting to be downloaded (one auto-renewed before I was aware and purchased another subscription at a good discount) and I can't download either.  It seems certain that IE 8 is causing the problem, causing me to just go around and around in a loop whenever I try to download; certificate errors, etc.  I removed the old McAfee program, just in case that was causing a problem, but no help there.  Can anyone suggest a way to get around the IE issues so I can get the protection that I already paid for (twice) downloaded?  BTW, I followed McAfee's 4 page instructions about downloading into Vista with IE 8, but it didn't help at all.

Thanks,

dsslaw

• 1. Re: Can't Download, blocked by IE 8
          JaiPrakash

Hi,

To have a clear picture of your issue, kindly reproduce the issue by initiating the download again and take a Screen shot at the stage when the issue occurs. (To take a screen shot:  Push the “Prt Scr” (Print screen button) once on the top right of your key board > open Ms Paint > go to edit on the top and select paste > save the file and attach to the post)

Step 1: Check your computer date and time whether it is correct according to your local time zone.

Step 2: Download and run the McAfee Pre-Install Tool using the below link and then try the McAfee product installation:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.e xe

As well, kindly update us with the following details:

Operating System: (Windows XP/ Vista / Windows 7)

McAfee Product: (Total Protection / Internet Security / Virus Scan / McAfee Security Scan)

• 2. Re: Can't Download, blocked by IE 8

Thanks so much.  I'm away from the desktop in question for now, but I will definitely give your fix a try.  For now, I can tell you that the PC is running Vista, and I'm trying to download either TPS for up to 3 computers, or a renewal of the original software that came pre-installed from Dell (see original post).

Thanks again, and I'll get back to you.

dsslaw