I setup our McAffee WebGateway (currently version 126.96.36.199.0) as out corporate web proxy, and have had it running for over a year now.
Last week I upgraded to version 188.8.131.52.0 as a "fresh" installation (not a migration).
This is what I am trying to accomplish with the WG:
1. We have an Active Directory GPO that assigns all users to one of two groups
WebRestricted (normal employees)
WebUnRestricted (Management & Executives)
2. I'm pretty familiar with setting up the proxy filters based on the AD Group membership (WebRestricted / WebUnRestricted), and have already completed the corresponding policies
3. I need to be able to view reports that will identify users (by username, and by department - for activity reports)
Given this, my questions are primarily related to the relationship between the WG and Web Reporter (Premium):
1. Does Proxy authentication have anything to do with "gathering" user informaiton that gets entered into the logs?
By this I mean, if I use LDAP authentication, will the WG gather the user attributes I configured at authentication (such as user and group attributes)? Or is this not related at all?
2. I have read a LOT of the documentation for both the WG and Web Reporter, and am having some difficulties setting up the Web Reporter to provide the reports we require. As such, my next question is:
Do I have to use Web Reporter to provide WG reports? Does the WG use a standard log format that can be used by a standard web reporting software?
3. I would like to be able to provide access to these standard department reports to the various managers, so they do not have to ask the IT Department for reports. I know that using WebReporter, I can share the reports accordingly.
Is my assumption correct here? All I need to do is create my reports, and then share those reports with the appropriate managers (once provided with a Web Reporter login)?
I know there is a LOT of other information I should provide here, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask, and I will provide in detail.
I appreciate any help you can provide.
Message was edited by: rhamlin on 3/28/11 11:14:48 AM CDT