Please run the McAfee Preinstall Tool from the following
Wait till it gets completed. Once it is finished it will give you a message ‘reinstall McAfee products’.
Now we will check if there is any wrongly configured option is there in your Internet Explorer settings.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘Internet Options’.
- Click the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Uncheck the option “Use SSL 3.0”.
- Uncheck the option “Check for server certificate revocation” and “Check for Server Certificate revocation”.
- Click on general tab.
- Please click the “Delete Files" and “Delete Cookies" buttons.
- Click “Content” tab.
- Click “Disable” under content advisor. (Leave it if it shows “Enable”)
- Now click on ‘Connections’ tab.
- Delete all the connections that you don’t use; from the list under “Dial-up and Virtual Private Network Settings”.
- Now click on ‘LAN Settings’ at the bottom.
- Uncheck all the check boxes in the ‘Local Area Network Settings’ window. It is recommended that you note down the settings before making any change. If you face any connectivity issue after making this change, please change it to original settings.
- Click on Ok icon.
- Click Apply.
- Click Ok.
- Close all Internet Explorer windows. Then try once again running the download Manager.
Try to DMSetup.exe and let me know the output.
Best of luck