1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 25, 2011 9:03 PM by Jayadeep NR

Cannot connect to server to download McAfee - Windows Vista

Hello -- I bought new Internet Security today.  Downloaded fine on to laptop with Windows 7 and desktop with windows 7 but cannot get connected to sever with laptop running windows vista.  The vista computer connect fine to any other website.  But I get error message trying to connect to McAfee server -- same problem trying to run virtual technician and downloading software to chat with tech support.  What could the problem be and how do I fix it?  I can get to any other website just fine . . .

• 1. Re: Cannot connect to server to download McAfee - Windows Vista
          Jayadeep NR

Please run the McAfee Preinstall Tool from the following

link: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.e xe

Wait till it gets completed.  Once it is finished it will give you a message ‘reinstall McAfee products’.

Now we will check if there is any wrongly configured option is there in your Internet Explorer settings.

1. Open Internet Explorer.
          2. Click the ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘Internet Options’.
          3. Click the ‘Advanced’ tab.
          4. Uncheck the option “Use SSL 3.0”.
          5. Uncheck the option “Check for server certificate revocation” and “Check for Server Certificate revocation”.
          6. Click on general tab.
          7. Please click the “Delete Files" and “Delete Cookies" buttons.
          8. Click “Content” tab.
          9. Click “Disable” under content advisor. (Leave it if it shows “Enable”)
          10. Now click on ‘Connections’ tab.
          11. Delete all the connections that you don’t use; from the list under “Dial-up and Virtual Private Network Settings”.
          12. Now click on ‘LAN Settings’ at the bottom.
          13. Uncheck all the check boxes in the ‘Local Area Network Settings’ window. It is recommended that you note down the settings before making any change. If you face any connectivity issue after making this change, please change it to original settings.
          14. Click on Ok icon.
          15. Click Apply.
          16. Click Ok.
          17. Close all Internet Explorer windows. Then try once again running the download Manager.

Try to DMSetup.exe and let me know the output.

Best of luck