4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2011 4:34 PM by Hayton

    Can anyone please help stop this site?

      Has anyone heard of this website http://j.mplhrvfiu.com or www. homecashflowsolutions.com? Somehow this site got all my contact info and sent emails in my name to friends and associates. I have contacted them but this abuse still continues, does any body know of any actions I can take against these sites to protect my privacy?

        • 1. Re: Can anyone please help stop this site?

          Hi there,

          Are you receiving any alerts in the PC with regards to this website or any other . Did you try to scan your PC to check for any infections !!!



          • 2. Re: Can anyone please help stop this site?

            Hello sir, thanks for your reply. Yes I ran both mcafee and windows defender both came up clean. I ran the long scan aswell with nothing detected. What can I do now?

            • 3. Re: Can anyone please help stop this site?


              If you think you have a virus infection on your PC do one or both of the following :

              - Run the free Mcafee Stinger program from http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/ -

              set it to Report Mode (in Preferences) and post the logs of anything it detects.( set it to very high sensitivity)

              - Join the McAfee Getsusp group at https://community.mcafee.com/groups/getsusp30-beta-feedback

              You will have to ask there for Getsusp,

              Download here the latest version  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/32269

              Before you use Getsusp, you should go to this document


              and download the PDF file explaining what Getsusp is and how it works, and this document


              which downloads the installation guide PDF document. The scan will auto send any suspicious programs to mcafee. Ensure you add your email addy to the preferences so they can send a reply.


              If you want a second opinion, or to be on the safe side, then you can do a scan with the free versions of these tools :

              Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware


              If you already have Malwarebytes installed, the virus could be protecting itself against it. In that case, in order to get Malwarebytes running you'll need to rename the executable. Open theC:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Antimalware folder, then rename the "mbam.exe" file and double-click directly on the file to open the program. After updating the program, run a full system scan usingMalwarebytes.


              Make sure both programs are updated to the latest versions before running them and let them clean anything they find. If they quarantine a file or fail to remove a file try to get a copy of itand send it to Mcafee using the virus submission path described here :

              • 4. Re: Can anyone please help stop this site?

                The first of those urls is non-existent. Are you sure you entered it correctly?


                The second url is unfortunately all too real. There are very many complaints about scams and trickery associated with this site, all over the internet. If you haven't thought to check their status and reputation, you should do so now on SiteAdvisor (http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/homecashflowsolutions.com/msgpage) and WOT (http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/9077-home-cash-flow-solutions)


                This site appears to have connections with many fraudulent sites, some of them based in Russia, according to the WOT reviewers; but this site is hosted on a server in Los Angeles operated by Oversee.net, whose registered address is  515 S. Flower St, Suite 4400, Los Angeles, CA  90071; telephone +1-213-408-0080


                If you have a complaint about the website or its owners (and it seems you most definitely do) try contacting the owners first through any contact details provided on the site. (Warning : WOT has a poor opinion of the site, so make sure that your security levels are set high before you go there.) If they fail to respond, you could try contacting the site's hosting provider either at the address above or at abuse@oversee.net and informing them of what has happened.


                In addition you can make a complaint through the Better Business Bureau - see https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx

                1 of 1 people found this helpful