3 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2014 3:07 PM by montrealpaul

MVM not working after Ghosting image to new PC

I recently built a Windows Server 2008 R2 image on a Dell laptop running MVM 7.0 with SQL Server 2008 Express Edition. I then created a Ghost image of this build and subsequently imaged another Dell laptop (exact same hardware). Following the imaging of this other laptop, I had to  run StartRep.exe from W2K8 DVD to get windows to boot and then ran Sysprep to "generacize" the laptop.

When I try to login to MVM with McAfee Enterprise Manager, I get a message: "Your license file is invalid or has expired". I'm assuming this is due to the fact that I "sysprep'ed" the machine and it now has a new Computer Name and SID.

What do I have to do to get MVM working again? A complete re-install? Re-register? Something else?

Background information:

My goal is to run 9 laptops with each running a "standalone" version of MVM application and spread  300 available IP licenses I have left amongst those 9 laptops. The point of using these laptops is that certain systems in our IT infrastructure may not be accessible from the MVM 3000 appliance but still need to be assessed. Once these devices are assessed using a "standalone" laptop, the VA information can then be sent to the MVM 3000 database usign the FSDBUtil (or whatever it is called in version 7 now?).  I do not wish to build 9 separate laptops, but to build one image and image the other 8 laptops and make each one unique (which I have to do anyways for Windows Server 2008 R2 to work properly on each laptop).

Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks,

Marc