Skip navigation
McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
3437 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2011 7:56 AM by mjmurra RSS 1 2 Previous Next
mjmurra Champion 374 posts since
Jul 27, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 21, 2011 9:43 PM

Your Stuff/Discussions

Description is "Below is a list of discussions you have started or have participated in."

However, for me it only shows the list of discussions I have started - not ones I've responded to. Not sure whether the behavious is wrong, or the description is wrong.

• Hayton Volunteer Moderator 4,590 posts since
    Sep 27, 2010
    1. Mar 23, 2011 8:34 PM (in response to mjmurra)
    Re: Your Stuff/Discussions

Looks very much like an unintended feature, aka a bug, to me. It may already have been picked up, there has been some quite intensive UAT going on. I'll let April (who's dealing with these reports) know we may have another for the list.

Volunteer Moderator  Leeds, UK
    No PM's please
    Sep 27, 2010
    2. May 5, 2011 9:04 AM (in response to Hayton)

April, this is still an unresolved issue. I just checked in my own profile under Your Stuff/Discussions and all I see are threads that I've started. Perhaps the text at the head of the list needs to be amended.

No PM's please
  • April Jacobs McAfee Employee 1,516 posts since
    Nov 1, 2009
    3. May 5, 2011 11:10 AM (in response to Hayton)

Looks like this is a UI bug. It only shows the threads you've started. The system should not state "or that you have participated in". Sorry for the confusion. There's not much I can do about it but I can let our vendor know.

Message was edited by: ajacobs on 5/5/11 11:10:09 AM CDT
    Sep 27, 2010
    4. May 5, 2011 11:12 AM (in response to April Jacobs)

No problem. The OP and I would probably accept that it's OK as it is, but the description needs to be changed.

No PM's please
    Nov 1, 2009
    6. May 5, 2011 3:22 PM (in response to mjmurra)

Interestingly, if you click the Your Stuff tab while viewing your profile, it defaults to the Overview category, which does appear to show all your replies.

Sep 27, 2010
    7. May 5, 2011 5:37 PM (in response to April Jacobs)

So it does. Yes, I think this makes sense now. Overview is for everything, replies to others' threads included,  but the Your Stuff clickable icon in the links bar is just for your own - well, anything. Including *your own discussions*, those which you've started.

End of confusion. All wrapped up neatly.

No PM's please
    Nov 1, 2009
    8. May 20, 2011 11:06 AM (in response to Hayton)

Just an update. This is definitely a bug and we are troubleshooting to fix. For now the workaround is to use the "Overview" selection. When you click "Your Stuff, Discussions", you should indeed see threads you've replied to but did not create.

Nov 1, 2009
    9. Aug 11, 2011 7:44 AM (in response to April Jacobs)

This issue has been inadvertently fixed. By that I mean changing a system setting for something else subsequently fixed it. The bug itself was not fixed unfortunately. Regardless, you should now be able to click Your Stuff>Discussions and see ALL discussions you've participated in, not just the threads you've started.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points