1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2011 3:57 PM by April Jacobs

VSE 8.8 Policy Migration Tool -- Client Tasks lose tags

joeleisenlipz

I'm just wondering if anyone else has used this tool and noticed something similar...

I wanted to review what this tool offers and how long it might take, so using a copy of the prod database in the lab I went to town. Gladly, it only took a few minutes. After reviewing all the copied policies and assignments I was very pleased. Then I moved on to Client Tasks and again was quite pleased at all the work I wouldn't need to do. Then I finally noticed the one thing that didn't get carried over: The Tags!

We use several different scan tasks for different types of systems, and rely heavily on the ability to include and/or exclude systems by associating their tags. The migration tool apparently was unaware or unable to mirror that aspect of each of the client tasks. It's still certainly worth using, but I think I have to give it a B- instead of an A. It didn't take more than 5 minutes to drop the tags in appropriately, but it's made me a little more concerned about what other details might be missed.

Just an observation. Anyone else notice anything strange with the conversion tool?