2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2011 8:25 PM by jhaynes

Changing Reports folder location (C:\ to D:\)

Hello,

We ran out of space on the C:\ drive of our MVM3000 while our D:\ drive has more than 200GB free. The culprit is the reports folder that is currently on C:\

I tried to move it to D:\ drive by modifying the config.ini file and also changing the registry key for report folder and then rebooted, but it didn't work. The scan still produce reports that are savec on C:\ drive.

As far as I understand, the config.ini file is only for the portal (the web GUI) to know where to pick-up the report files created by the scans. So, is there another place where we can configure Foundstone/MVM to change the location of where the reports are written?

We want reports to go to D:\ and the web-based GUI to read them from D:\ when we log on to the portal.

Thanks a lot.

• 1. Re: Changing Reports folder location (C:\ to D:\)
          jhaynes

This is a great question of which I don't know the answer. On the surface it seem easy but I have a colleague who is also have difficulty figuring this out. So this project is on my plate and once I figure it out I'll update this thread.  Of course you can also open up a Service Request for better tracking.

Jeff Haynes

• 2. Re: Changing Reports folder location (C:\ to D:\)
            jhaynes

Ok I've spent some time on this now and it I've learned a few things that might help you. I'm guessing you moved the reports folder locations to the root of your D drive. ISS seems to need some type of special permission to write to a root level folder. I haven't figured out how to get around that yet but what you can do is create two nested folders and post to the second one.

Example:

D:\McAfee\Reports

D:\McAfee\Reports_Custom

Make sure the permissions for IWAM and IUSR match what is set in your old folders and you should be good to go. If I track down the Magic IIS permission I'll post it.

Jeff Haynes