Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1303 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2011 4:30 PM by newjack RSS
carlotta Newcomer 1 posts since
Mar 20, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 20, 2011 3:20 PM

Search Engine bug

After entering a search in Google, Yahoo, or Mcafee search  engines,   I have  no  control over which website my computer visits. I cannot even go to an URL.  After I power down the problem ends until I use one of the mentioned search engines.  Any ideas?

Message was edited by: carlotta on 3/20/11 3:20:03 PM CDT
  • newjack Veteran 1,172 posts since
    Dec 5, 2009
    1. Mar 20, 2011 1:45 PM (in response to carlotta)
    Re: Search Engine bug

Not sure I understand what your saying.You say you have control over the sites you visit?Then you say you cant even go to the url.Can you phrase the Question again.So I can have a bettor understanding what your problem is.                                                                                                                               Thanks,newjack

• newjack Veteran 1,172 posts since
    Dec 5, 2009
    2. Mar 20, 2011 4:30 PM (in response to newjack)
    Re: Search Engine bug

So are you saying that you are being redirected to differant sites?If that is true.Open internet explorer & click tool,then internet options,connections,Then on bottom LAN.Make sure everything is unchecked click OK & exit.Then without restarting your computer.Go to here and download malwarebytes http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

install and update then run.If thst does not work try to download from here http://www.malwarebytes.org/  and download the free version.

IF after changing the Lan settings you still encounter problems getting to the website you type in hit the back button,top left of browser until it takes you back to the page you need to go.

If that fails try to download from safe mode.But start with the 1st 2 things for now.Tell me how it went.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points