Just noticed that your have released firmware 4.0.9 on the download / registration website.
Files are dated 2010 / 03 / 14
There are no release notes to explain what is FIXED in this release over 4.0.8
Sorry, the IT folks that copy up the files for us missed that somehow. I had already noticed and have asked for it to be fixed. In the meantime, here are the release notes for 4.0.9:
15026 The 'Require User Authentication' option now works again when using
15027 The 'Bypass Content Filtering' ACL now works again.
15031 Remove delay in updating firewall rules when using LT2P and Access
15032 Fix operation of User ACLs in conjunction with RADIUS authentication.
15053 Always use a random IV when using ciphers in CBC mode.
15057 Fix memory leak in services that perform authentication.
15063 Fix failure to flush large route tables, resulting in stale routes.
I applied this update to our Snapgear SG 580 and now I have an error connecting to https administration (firefox):
An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.96.1.
SSL peer reports incorrect Message Authentication Code.
(Error code: ssl_error_bad_mac_alert)
Google Chrome reports the error as:
Error 126 (net::ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT): Unknown error.
I think this is due to an Apache2 bug with multiple worker processes. (see http://serverfault.com/questions/63167/ssl-error-bad-mac-alert-error-in-firefox ) I tried adding '-x' to the command line for /bin/httpd in /etc/config/inetd.conf but there is something on reboot that resets that file...
Basically I've lost most of the administrative control of this thing and I have no idea how to fix this...
If there is a way to fix this with a different image (downgrade or fix to 4.0.9), if I knew how to use netflash via terminal connection I might be able to do that (I can ssh in just fine).
Sorry, Troy. We just found that issue too. It only affects some devices so we missed it. We'll post a fixed release ASAP. In the meantime, you should be able to work around the problem by modifying your browser settings. I expect Ross will post some instructions soon.
* Open "about:config" in your browser
* type "ssl" into the filter box
* Double click on the following to set them to true (enable them):
* Double click on the following to set it to false (not enabled)
* You may need to close the browser and restart it to ensure these
settings take effect. Reversing the above setting will restore the
browser back to defaults.
There should be a new release in a day or two.
4.0.10 is up now.