8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2011 6:57 AM by robpow

New Home Page

Take a look at the new ServicePortal home page and give us your impressions.

1. What do you think about the new ServicePortal home page?
      2. Does it accomplish all of the things you come to the ServicePortal to do?
      3. What functions/links stand out to you?
      4. What functions/links would you use most often?
      5. Is there anything missing on this page?
      6. Would you remove anything?
      7. Do you like the overall design, e.g., graphics, colors, layout?
          • 1. Re: New Home Page

Hi Jayne,

The foremost reason I use the portal is to create service requests. The home screen now looks far to cluttered with links I don't need. It would be nice if a user could choose the features he or she wants see on the home page. (Like an ePO dashboard). Put everything else in their respective tab.

Colour design seems to be the same like other McAfee sites. No problem with it.

Robert

• 2. Re: New Home Page

Thank you Robert. That's an interesting idea. I'll get back to you on that.

Jayne

• 3. Re: New Home Page

I agree with robaht.

There are three main reasons I visit ServiePortal (Platinum version in my case!)

- I want to search the Knowledgebase (including the authenticated only content)

- I want to check my entitlements (ie grant numbers)

- I want to log a support call, check a current call or review older calls.

Having software downloads (including Hotfixes etc) is a great idea to have under the Portal. But there is plenty of clutter in the above screenshot.

• 4. Re: New Home Page

Robert,

Would you have time today or tomorrow to talk with me on the phone? I'd like to ask you some questions about your comments. I'm thinking 30 minutes, max. Please let me know some good times, as well as your time zone. If you don't mind, I'll set up a WebEx session so we can look at the page together. Thanks.

-Jayne

• 5. Re: New Home Page

Would you have time today or tomorrow to talk with me on the phone? I'd like to ask you some questions about your comments. I'm thinking 30 minutes, max. Please let me know some good times, as well as your time zone. If you don't mind, I'll set up a WebEx session so we can look at the page together. Thanks.

-Jayne

• 6. Re: New Home Page

Hi jayne,

No problem if you call me tomorrow. I'll PM you my phone number and times.

Robert

• 7. Re: New Home Page
                        Richard Carpenter

Hi Jayne.

Too much clutter, MyService Portal wired up is a great idea, but the StartHere : Section is too big and could probably better used as an updated panel that could expand if needed.  Becuase of its size it takes up too much screen realestate and pushes more of the usable content firther don the page such as the announcememnts etc.

• 8. Re: New Home Page

I agree with the above comments

The dashboard idea is a good one. I would like to see (or be able to customise to show) :

- My last X (open/closed/all) SRs.

- My company's last X (open/closed/all) SRs.

- Latest X KB articles and notices relating to my (configurable list of) products

- Verify that it shows OK on a 1280x1024 screen. Not everyone has a 27" widescreen monitor  : )

Thanks,
                          Matt