1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2011 3:06 PM by joezeppy

Wintech for 64bit windows7

rbdudani

Hi All,

Just need your help for Wintech for Windows 7 (64bit)

Do you have any guide, tools, docuemnts or readymade Wintech for Windows7 64bit ???

kindly share..

any guidance will be appriciated

thanks

• 1. Re: Wintech for 64bit windows7

curious as to why you want to make a WinPE 64bit CD? Why not use a 32bit one?

• 2. Re: Wintech for 64bit windows7
            rbdudani

Hi Simon,

Thanks for reply..

That means the same win32 WInpe or Wintech CD will work for 64bit machines ?

• 3. Re: Wintech for 64bit windows7
              mirrorless

WinPe 32bit bootable cd can still be used on 64 bits machine.

• 4. Re: Wintech for 64bit windows7
                JaumeEsteve

Hi

I'm also interested (very interested I should say) on Wintech support for WinPE 3.0 x64.  The reason is related to SCCM07 task sequences.  Each SCCM task sequence is normally associated to one boot image that must have the same architecture as the operating system being deployed.  This is defined in the task sequence properties and it is not posible to switch to a different architecture during the task sequence execution.  Once the computer PXEboots with an x64 boot image there is no way to move to x86 architecture.

Consider now a Task Sequence that fully automates a computer refreshment process: you PXE Boot an EEPC encrypted machine, load wintech to access local disk data and launch a process that extracts the local data to a server, loads an operating system image and restore back the data previously extracted. 

Wintech support to x64 WinPE 3.0 boot images is a very must have for that. Any help or indications would be gratefully appreciated.  

El mensaje fue editado por: JaumeEsteve on 18/03/11 0:05:48 GMT+01:00
                1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Wintech for 64bit windows7

I guess someone who uses WinPE64 just needs to slot everything together, substituting the 64 bit drivers in place of the 32bit ones where appropriate? The application will stay the same.

This assumes of course that WOW64 is available on PE 64bit builds?

As WinTech is not scriptable, the idea of an automated SCCM task is interesting, but of course, impossible unless you want to scrape the screen and press keys.

• 6. Re: Wintech for 64bit windows7
                    rbdudani

Let me ask in this way

Can one read a 64bit partition from a 32bit computer?

• 7. Re: Wintech for 64bit windows7

let me answer it this way -  a partition is a partition, there's no "32" or "64" bit versions... Only the address bus width of the compiled code is different - nothing on thie disk is.

• 8. Re: Wintech for 64bit windows7
                        rbdudani

Thanks Simon,,,

lol the way you answered

however I asked this because I got problem in reading 64bit CD on my 32bit system.. Anyway thanks again

Message was edited by: rbdudani on 3/17/11 11:32:23 PM CDT

Message was edited by: rbdudani on 3/17/11 11:33:55 PM CDT
                        • 9. Re: Wintech for 64bit windows7

reading the CD should be fine, you won't be able to run any 64bit compiled code though under a 32bit OS?

1 2 Previous Next