5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2011 1:26 PM by halton

dos Commands

halton

My daughter's laptop is a Dell Laptop and has not deleted the Quarntined and Trusted items folder for over a year and it was sujested that I try the following path

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\VirusScan\Quarantine\  however my daughter's system is Winddows 7. The path quoted is for Windows Vista HomePrimium. Can someone help with the proper path so I can delete them quickly. I usually try this the regular way by opening McAfee Securitie Center and follow the navigation prompts. So far when I tried it I had it going for two hours and it still was running.

• 1. dos Commands
          dougk_t3

Microsoft moved the "Application Data" to C:\ProgramData\, so the folder you're looking for is C:\ProgramData\McAfee\VirusScan\Quarantine.

Having said that, you should clear the quarantine from inside the SecurityCenter rather than deleting the .bup files from that folder. 

• 2. Re: dos Commands
            halton

Thank you for the quick response and the patience.

• 3. Re: dos Commands
              halton

The correct syntax should be  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Program Data\McAfee\VirusScan\Quarantine. When I go to the Command Prompt the directory I get is C:/Users/Laura. My daughter's name is Laura and the operating system is Windows 7 HomePremium. It is a Dell Laptop.

• 4. Re: dos Commands
                dougk_t3

Do you have a C:\Documents and Settings fodler on your Windows 7 computer???  If you do, then it's probably a Windows XP that was upgraded to Vista that was then upgraded to Windows 7.

If not, then the reason you don't see the folder I mentioned is probably because of your folder settings to hide system files and folders.  Paste the string I gave you into either a Run, command prompt or Windows Explorer window - it should come up and display the folders.

• 5. Re: dos Commands
                  halton

It sounds as if you are a little angry with me and for that I apologize. If I try and clear from inside the the Security Center  once start the process and the computer goes to sleep will this keep running eventhough the computer is sleeping or do I have to baby sit it and keep it from not sleeping?

Once again thank you for your patience.

Jerry