1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2011 4:51 PM by marek_g

VSE Reports doesn't work

Hi all,

On January 22th I've checked-in two new extensions into ePO 4.5 patch 3:

- VirusScan Enterprise Reports - Version:1.2.0.136

- VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 - Version:8.8.0.169

Since then, all of the reports stopped working, I mean the ones that you can see on the "VSE: Trending Data" Dashboard.

Can anybody help me solve this prbolem?

Thank you.

• 1. VSE Reports doesn't work
          Laszlo G

Do yoy get no data on the dashboard or it does not work? If none of the VSE reports are working you may try to remove and install again this extension. I have both of them and it works properly

• 2. VSE Reports doesn't work

The data actually is displayed on the dashboard but all of the information is outdated; it's not updating ("reporting") since two months.

I will try to re-install the extension.

Thank you.

• 3. Re: VSE Reports doesn't work

Well, re-installing the extension didn't solved the problem; do you have the latest Reports extension installed along with VSE 8.8?

Maybe I should check-in VSE 8.8 to get the reposrts working?

Thanks.

• 4. Re: VSE Reports doesn't work
                Laszlo G

I'm using same extension versions as you but I've just noticed something strange; my ePO server is instaled for spanish language and I've seen some queries identical but with a different name, for example:

VSE: 10 principales ataques por desbordamiento del búfer detectados.VIRUSCANREPORTS

VSE: 10 principales ataques por desbordamiento del búfer detectados.VIRUSCANREPORTS.1.2.0.136

VSE: 10 principales orígenes de amenazas

VSE: 10 principales orígenes de amenazas.VIRUSCANREPORTS

VSE: Adopción de archivos DAT actual.VIRUSCANREPORTS.1.1.0.154

VSE: Adopción de archivos DAT actual.VIRUSCANREPORTS.1.2.0.136

As you see they are the same queries but with a different name, one of them works but only shows up to VSE 8.7 and the other one shows any VSE version. Are you experiencing something similar?

• 5. Re: VSE Reports doesn't work

How large is your current database marek?

• 6. Re: VSE Reports doesn't work

ulyses,

Yes, I also have those duplicate queries exactly as you do.

• 7. Re: VSE Reports doesn't work

Hi ccroff,

I'm not sure how to check the databse size, but I'll try to do it:

My ePO installation uses the MS SQL Server 2008 Express database server; when I open SQL Server Management Studio and when I look at the "ePO4_EPO-W2K8" database properties, it says that it's size is 206,50 MB and the Space Available is 0,37 MB (!!!???) - I wonder is it OK...

I've also checked the DB folder size in "C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator" and it's 376 MB; there is 400 GB of free disk space available on the server.

And one more thing: since the time of installation of ePO 4.5, I have to restart the ePO server after EVERY six days, because after six days my Master Repository is "getting empty" - no DAT or Engine, no software - Master Repository page in ePO is blank; after the reboot everything comes back; I've already tried to solve this problem also here, but I've finished with no solution.

Thank you.

Oh, and I've just reminded something: the reports have stopped at January 30th, and on january 13th I've installed SP2 for the MS SQL Server, maybe this have something to do with my problem...

Message was edited by: marek_g on 3/16/11 7:44:25 PM GMT+01:00
                      • 8. Re: VSE Reports doesn't work

Marek,

Unfortunately SQL Express 2008 R2, is currently not supported with EPO 4.5, it is anticipated that it will be supported in the 4.5 patch 4 release along with SQL 2008 R2.  If you have the ability to please detach the database, reinstall SQL 2008 Express without R2 and then re-attach the database.

• Stop your EPO Services
                        • Detach Database
                        • Uninstall current SQL installation
                        • Reinstall SQL 2008 Express without R2
                        • Reattach the Database
                        • Start your services\

Let me know how this works for you.

• 9. Re: VSE Reports doesn't work

ccroff,

Are you sure that SQL Server 2008 Express SP2 means R2?

And what do you think about the database sizes which I provided above?

1 2 Previous Next