4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2011 1:24 PM by user3

Can't Activate Total Protection 2010(3 users) from CD

I can't register my MCfee total protection 2010. It's for 3 users. For 1st laptop there was no need of registration but for the 2nd laptop it needed to be registered. it didn't say register but ACTIVATE, tried to activate but it asked for email address and password. To get Log in details i had to register. Can't find a way to register . Made an account in MCafee and tried loging in again to activate the product but it says use the same login as the 1st time to activate it but no login was used for the activation for 1st time.

• 1. Re: Can't Activate Total Protection 2010(3 users) from CD
          Dinz

Hi user3,

Could you please let us know if you are using the same email address (the one used to get registered to forums)  to register your 3 user total protection programs.

Please do not post in your email address in forums for your privacy , you can just let me know if the above is yes/no .

Regards,

• 2. Re: Can't Activate Total Protection 2010(3 users) from CD

i haven't registered the mcfee total protection. i don't how t to. i have a mcfee account is Email address removed by Community Admin

Message was edited by: Dinz on 3/23/11 5:19:53 AM GMT-06:00
            • 3. Re: Can't Activate Total Protection 2010(3 users) from CD
              Dinz

Hi user3,

Please do not post your email address on public forums, moreover we have it. If you have McAfee installed on your PC , Please follow the below instructions to register the programs.

1. Right-click the M icon in your taskbar and select either Activate, Activate Now, Register or Register Now.
              2. Follow the instructions.
              3. Choose a new password which is more than eight characters and is a combination of letters, numbers & alphabets

If still any issues with activation , please click on Useful links at the top of this page and connect with our chat technicans and they will help to get this sorted.

Regards,

• 4. Re: Can't Activate Total Protection 2010(3 users) from CD

Hello again,

When i right click there is only activate product. there is no register or register now. choosing activate, i have to enter product key ; after entering product key, it asks for email and password and still the same problem. by the way my OS is windows 7.