4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2011 7:35 AM by JaiPrakash

File Locking

I run an application that creates and deletes files very quickly.  It is failing because, I think, the Realtime scanner is locking the file.  If I disable that feature, the app runs just fine.  Do not have this problem with MS Security Essentials.  Any thoughts on what to recommend to the developers on this problem?

• 1. File Locking
          Peacekeeper

Probably it is in the process of scanning the file. Any way to slow down a tad the rate of creation/deletion?

Will ask our tech but as it not a common issue ie noone else complained the chance of a fix is low.

• 2. File Locking
            JaiPrakash

Hi,

Please update us with the following information’s:

Name of the application:

Version of installed McAfee Product:

(Navigation: Open McAfee product > Click Navigation on the top right)

• McAfee Security Center:
            • McAfee Virus Scan:

DAT version:

• McAfee Personal Firewall:

Is any other antivirus installed on the same PC (If Yes) name of the antivirus:

• 3. File Locking

The application is Aspen PIMS from Aspen Technology, Inc.   www.aspentech.com

I have uninstalled the software but it was the version that came with the Dell Studio XPS 16 laptop.  I could reinstall and get the correct information if you need it.

• 4. File Locking
                JaiPrakash

Hi,

You can give full permission to the “PIMS” application as shown below:

Navigation: Open McAfee Security center > Select Firewall > Select Settings on the right pane > Select Program Permission > Select ADD in the bottom > Then select Browse, which will open up a new window where you can able to add the PIMS application (.exe, .dll) files as shown below:

Firewall Settings 0.JPG

Firewall Settings 1.JPG

Firewall Settings 2.JPGFirewall Settings 3.JPG

Firewall Settings 4.JPG