6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2011 8:36 AM by brandonw

False Positive Help

Hello, I’m trying to get some help to get a false positive issue resolved.

I have submitted the file in question via email (Analysis ID: 6549491) and webimmune(Analysis ID: 6549507), and I the only response I get is that the current detection can clean the virus.

The problem of course is there is no virus.  I have also submitted the file to virustotal.com (link below) and only McAfee and Panda seem to think there is a problem.

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=4d8cf85262357c0e5dce8c103b867 bdaafb5341ede0b182b91f5822c694b68ae-1299687964

This is a blocking issue for our customer and I need to get it resolved ASAP

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: False Positive Help
          ConorD62

Hi Brandonw,

Please put the word false in the header, and resend it.

Thanks.

• 2. False Positive Help

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but I did that.  The first time I submitted the subject was "false positive", the second time I submitted it the subject was just "false".  I submitted 3 times (2 email 1web) because I did not receive any kind of response and then yesterday I got 3 responses all within a few minutes of each other.

If there is anything else that I need to do please let me know I really need to get this resolved soon as we are schedule to start burning trial CD's next week.

Thanks,

• 3. False Positive Help

You guys can't add an exception to the policy on your McAfee product?

• 4. False Positive Help

Unfortunately that is not an option.  This product is going to ship 80k units a month so trying to explain that to any customer that has McAfee is not a real solution.

• 5. False Positive Help

Can anyone here give me an idea of how long this process can take?  I originally submitted the file on Monday and have yet to receive any kind of non-automated response.  I tried calling support and I don’t think they really have any idea what a false positive is or what to do about it.

AVG was able to correct the issue in less than a day, Panda took 50 minutes and VIPER corrected it in 20 minutes.

The lack of communication from McAfee is extremely frustrating.

• 6. False Positive Help

Just to help any other software vendors that may also have this issue with McAfee it seems the best way to get results is to send an email to mb_vendor_questions@mcafee.com.  There are actual humans that read that in box.