3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2011 4:02 AM by carl-marius

Is it possible to remove the DBO user as the owner of the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5 database?

Hi,

We have the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5 installed on a MS Server 2003 R2 SP2 - Standard Edition, and the database lays on the same server, in a Microsoft SQL Express 9.0.1399 database.

The system works fine, but since the database lays on a MS SQL Express database, we cannot create a backup job as in a "normal" MS SQL database, because of the missing SQL Agent.

I would like to create an automatic database backup on the SQL Express database anyway (as I have done on all our other SQL Express database servers), and this is done as described in "http://en.kioskea.net/faq/3701-automatic-backup-of-a-database-in-sql-express-200 5".

As a part of this automation, I need to create a Active Directory service account, that have the permissions on the SQL Express database to perform a backup, so I need to map the service account user to the "ePO4_AEPO01" database, but when I try this, I get the error:

Rename failed for User 'dbo'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Express.Smo).

Additional information:

An exception occured while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.

(Microsoft.SqlServer.Express.ConnectionInfo)

Cannot alter the user 'dbo'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15150).

(I have attached an image of the error).

To complete this process, it is necessary to remove the DBO user as owner on the database, and this role transferred to our dedicated service account, so it can have the permissions to be "mapped" to the login on the "ePO4_AEPO01" database, with the permission-role "db_backupoperator".

Can you help me with figuring out if I can do this, or will this operation affect the functionality of the McAfee system?

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius