1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 9, 2011 1:17 AM by margarita.petrova

Unable to upgrade from EEPC 6.0 patch 1 to patch 2

margarita.petrova

Hello All,

This september we started deploying EEPC 6.0.1  for a big client . However since then McAfee advertised EEPC 6.0.2 and Hotfix 1 for patch 2.

Due to the multiple  issues in patch 1 the client decided to have the latest version EEPC 6.0 patch 2 and the Hotfix for Win 7 machines.

However we have an issue with that upgrade. The machine is refusing to accept the cliet task for product deployment.

2011-03-07 10:04:10 I #772 Manage Loading plugin list from registry

2011-03-07 10:04:10 I #772 Manage Failed to get path for Plugin <EEPC> error=-64

2011-03-07 10:04:10 I #772 Manage Failed to get path for Plugin <EEADMIN_1000> error=-64

After reboot the modeles section is not showing the correct version. Also the machine is not reporting to ePO to have any encryption software installed.

error.jpg

Any ideas?

Regards,

Margarita

• 1. Unable to upgrade from EEPC 6.0 patch 1 to patch 2
          margarita.petrova

Hello All again,

below is a screenshot from the Event Viewer:

error event.jpg

Basically it says that there is an already exsisting version of teh software and that's why it cannot uninstall newer version.

The error message is:

Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: McAfee Endpoint Encryption Agent. Product Version: 1.0.2.2. Product Language: 1033. Reconfiguration success or error status: 1638.