5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2011 1:33 PM by alexander_h

Access Protection does not like VSE 8.8 install

I got the three lines below in my Access Protection log file during the installation of VSE 8.8

3/7/2011 3:04:14 PM Blocked by Access Protection rule  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VsTskMgr.exe Common Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processes Action blocked : Terminate

3/7/2011 3:04:15 PM Blocked by Access Protection rule  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\mfeann.exe Common Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processes Action blocked : Terminate

3/7/2011 3:04:15 PM Blocked by Access Protection rule  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\mcshield.exe Common Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processes Action blocked : Terminate

The machine had VSE 8.7 with antispy and hips installed.   I assigned a task from ePO (4.5 p4) to the machine to deploy VSE 8.8.  The install started at 3:02:35 and ended about 3:06 according to the agent log.  So these events occured in the middle of the install process.   I do not believe this is a real blockage as the installs seem to be functioning fine a number of test machines.  But we are seeing a few issues with Access Protection false positivies.   This is just the most glaring.

Thanks