1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 7, 2011 10:51 AM by hem

Looking for some tips when upgrading from EPO 4.0 server to 4.5

rdefino

I'll will  be preforming my upgrade in a few weeks. So I'nm just wondering if anyone has some tips for me. My epo server is a VM running in a vmware esx 4.1 enviorment.  I have about 5600 client on the server.So I planing on make a snapshot of the server and backing up the DSPQ server DB prior to preforming the upgrade.

Would there be any other tasks I should preform to make sure this upgrade goes smoothly?

will all the policies and task upgrade fine?

thanks for any thoughts.

• 1. Looking for some tips when upgrading from EPO 4.0 server to 4.5
          hem

I will suggest you to go through the Installation guide (page 20) which talks about ePO upgrade.

In addition to this, I will suggest you to go through Master KB article KB#:KB60569.

Make sure that Autoclose is set to False as per KB#:KB66879.

Make sure that you backup the database and below folders before running the patch setup.

...\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\ (default installation path for ePO 4.0)

...\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\Extensions\ (default installation path for software extensions)

...\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\Conf\Catalina\ (default path for required files used by software extensions)

...\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\Keystore\ (default path for server certificates

Rest of the suggestions will be after looking the log files once patch installation is failing.