3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2011 3:05 AM by rackroyd

Newbie question... do I have VirusScan Enterprise in my repository?

I'm supposed to deploy VirusScan Enterprise to our servers and I don't think we actually have the software to do so.

In the repository, we have something that says:

Name                                   Status     Type                    Version     Minor Version     Language     Checkin Date     Signed By     Branch     Actions

VirusScan Enterprise          OK     Language Pack     8.7.0                                        Neutral          Feb. 3, 2011     McAfee          Current     Change Branch | Delete

VirusScan Enterprise          OK     Language Pack     8.5.0                                        Neutral          Feb. 3, 2011     McAfee          Current     Change Branch  | Delete

Some of the other items in the repository have the word 'Install' in the Type column.

Does that mean we don't actually have the software? 

Bonus question, if anyone know... Is it something I can download (I'd like v. 8.5 and it looks like there's only a 8.8 demo available for download) or do we need to contact a reseller to get a license or code or something?

Sorry for the dumb question... the person who used to take care of it is no longer with the firm.

• 1. Newbie question... do I have VirusScan Enterprise in my repository?
          rackroyd

Hi,

No, you only have the Language Pack (which is used to provide localisation for VirusScan that is already deployed). it's not the actual VirusScan product.

You will need a Grant ID to gain access to the McAfee downloads site, please speak to your reseller if that is where you bought ePO, otherwise contact McAfee Customer Services.

VirusScan 8.8 is the current version, not sure if you can still download V8.5, even with a Grant ID as it's quite old now.

Rgds,

Rob. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Newbie question... do I have VirusScan Enterprise in my repository?

Thank you.  I'm told by my colleague that we actually paid for 101 licenses, which is about the # of systems we have.  I'm now trying to deploy VirusScan to the servers (which show up as non-compliant, I think because VS is not installed) but when I choose produce deployment, the only 'Products and Components' that show up as I'm creating a task is McAfee Agent for windows 4.0.0.1421 (and the Linux version).

Shouldn't there be a VirusScan Enterprise listing in the product list if we own licenses for it (and have 81 'compliant' workstations?)

• 3. Newbie question... do I have VirusScan Enterprise in my repository?
              rackroyd

Not by default, no.

You will need to download the VirusScan package and add it to the master repository, and also add in  the required product extensions.

Installation instructions will be in the VirusScan readme.htm file

Rgds,

Rob.