This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I just verified this with support and it appears that to enable clustering on a second appliance at a later date do the following:
- Ensure that clustering is NOT enabled.
- Perform a backup of the primary Encryption Appliance. Remeber that the backup feature goes away when you enable clustering so it is only a snapshot of the encryption keys and appliance configuration at that time.
- Restore the backup on a stock Encryption box (with the same OS and HFs), etc. but don't overwrite the IP and system name (.i.e. Fully Recovery I believe).
- Configure the primary encryption "cluster" server.
- Configure the "cluster" backup(s).
- Pray the your primary never fails or you will have to reconfigure routing.